Debradamus Checks In

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Trivia

I went to a conference today. I noticed that when presenters want the audience to generate a list to illustrate a point, they only write down the list items that fit. I also noticed that presenters ask the audience to raise their hands to respond to a relatively rhetorical question. It's subtle peer pressure - nobody's going to be the one person in 300 to raise their hand and be the oddball. That's not what the conference was actually about.

TV trivia. This week's New Adventures of Old Christine (not sure why I'm watching this one, actually) was out of sequence. It as annoying, because they built the whole show around an issue that we have already seen the resolution of in previous episodes. What was the network thinking?

Why are cooking competitions on TV worth watching? You can't taste or smell or feel the food, so how can you form your own opinion? There's plenty on TV already if I want to know what to think about pretty much anything. Yet I still watch. Inertia is a powerful force.

1 Comments:

  • I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home