Debradamus Checks In

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Public Phone Calls, part 2

On the bus again - it's where I have time to listen in for long enough to get the story without anyone noticing or caring. This time it was a young woman - very young, not legal to drink I'm sure. There was a guy sitting next to her, with his arm around her. She, on the other hand was turned away from him, arms crossed, legs crossed, talking and talking. It was mostly chatter - who did and said what, who's going where with whom, the usual. Then she tossed in a few endearments, "love ya", and hangs up.

As soon as she's done she's all over the guy, stroking his thigh, his face, asking him to hold her hand. Total change. I wanted to ask him how he could possibly miss the signals, if he had the least idea she was not terribly interested in him and probably cheating. He'll find out soon enough, and he'd never believe me anyway. Maybe if I said I was psychic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home