Debradamus Checks In

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Magic

What is magic? For the most part, something along the lines of sleight of hand or illusion. Something that involves some skill. Not sitting in a plastic box or a bubble of water for days on end. Unless of course you're David Blaine.

I doubt I have anything new to say. I'm hardly the only person to find his stunts silly, annoying and stupid. OK, so he can hold his breath until he turns blue. That's the dream of many a 4-year-old brat, but who else cares? He can stand still and sit still for long periods of time. There's a useful skill. But mostly, be can do pointless life-threatening things and depend on someone else to save him.

Aside: the guy that saved him from his breath-holding - his name is Kirk Krack. If that's his real name, what were his parents thinking?

I just hope that he's paying his medical expenses out of his own pocket. I will be very unhappy if my health insurance premiums go up because some company has to pay for his antics. Well, I also kind of hope that someday soon he'll be a candidate for a darwin award. I believe in natural consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home